I have been slowly reading through From Emotions to Advocacy by Pam Wright and Peter Wright. This is a wonderful book, but I find trying to take all of this in very overwhelming so I am going through it and taking the steps to organize my thoughts, documents, and actions, like I said, slowly.
One of the first steps is to prepare a mission statement "that describes the reasons you are advocating for your child." Here is mine:
My mission is to raise Samuel in a way that will prepare him to lead a healthy productive life in which he uses his talents to the greatest extent possible and thereby glorifies the God who created him.
This is the same mission that I have for all of my children.
Next, I am supposed to come up with goals. I have to state my goals every time my son's in-home services are reviewed (every 6 months) by our county, so I have 6 mo., 2 yr., and 5 yr. goals. I'll share these with you later. Samuel just finished dressing himself and is awaiting his pop-tart. I have to go see if he put anything on backwards.
2 comments:
I love pop tarts!Mmm.For breakfast Beauty loves cup cakes and walkers salt and vinegar crisps and blackcurrant and apple juice!
Mmmm, salt and vinegar crisps! I was so glad when those became available here in America (maybe 20 years ago?). I lived in London for a few years in the late 70's. Samuel used to love fruit juice. He stopped drinking all but orange juice a few years ago, and then stopped drinking orange juice a few months ago. At least he'll eat some fruits!
Post a Comment