Sunday, July 15, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I have a billion things I could be doing today, but I'm trying to make today a day of rest, like Sunday should really be! My husband and oldest son are away this weekend. They have a racing event up in Sodus, New York. This is relatively close to where my husband grew up, so he invited a bunch of friends and relatives to come watch. This is a different type of event than they participate in. They have been away a little longer, and when I have talked to my husband on the phone it sounds like it has been a lot of work. They are very tired.

My youngest boy is playing playstation and Samuel is playing out in the back yard. I can see him out my window.

There is an awesome lineup on the History Channel later this afternoon, awesome for our family anyways. There are three "Mega Disaster" shows on in a row.. first there's "East Coast Tsunami", then "Asteroid Apocalypse", then "Yellowstone Eruption." My oldest son will be so upset that he missed these! Then after that there is an "Ice Road Trucker" episode! My husband and I really like this show. (I bet if my husband wasn't so busy with everything else in his life he'd go up to the Northwest Territories this winter to try his hand at ice road trucking! Either that or he'd be up in Alaska on one of those "Deadliest Catch" fishing boats!)

Coming soon..I have been tagged by "Bishops Wife" to share 8 random facts about myself.

3 comments:

MOTHER OF MANY said...

Lazy Sundays or any lazy days don't seem to happen here. Our house is like painting the Forth Bridge,it is never ending. When I have finished something it is like I have to start again. I once watched a TV show on rubbish collectors in London and the the collectors were told not to look back because they would be disheartened because if they looked back the streets would be filled with rubbish again.Any free second I get I seem to nap,I sound so boring!

Anonymous said...

You get lazy days??? For the kids they are.. but I don't seem to get a lot of "me" time.

Probably complain in the fall I'm bored with them off at school all day.

S.

LAA and Family said...

I don't have too many lazy days either. It was easier to take one this past Sunday because my husband and oldest son were away. As it ended up, I spent a lot of time on the phone with family that day so I barely watched any of the shows I mentioned. I at least enjoyed letting go of Samuel's schedule for the day, along with letting go of the laundry, dishes and other everyday housework.