Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Late Night

I was a little tired and running behind this afternoon, which just snowballed all evening so that I did not get the boys to bed until 10pm!

Samuel got his hair cut this afternoon. I took all 4 children in, and a family with 3 boys was before us! I was worried about Samuel waiting patiently. It was hard for him at first, but he found some books to look at so that kept him happy. For the first time ever he agreed to wear a cape as he got his haircut. Usually he won't let it be put on and he ends up getting hair all over himself.

When we got home I took a few minutes to type some lessons for Samuel and then I decided that before I could prepare dinner I HAD TO clean up the kitchen! Of course I was interrupted by everyone numerous times, and dinner ultimately was not ready until 7:30pm. My poor husband, who isn't feeling all that well anyways, was a bit overwhelmed by all the whining hungry children, plus he was rather hungry himself!

Samuel and I started his homework, which I ended up reducing in quantity because of the late hour, at about 8:45pm. At least he finished pretty quickly! He went through his usual after-school grumpies today, but tonight he was quite jovial

2 comments:

KKissam said...

Please visit us at www.rettsyndrome.org to learn more on this disorder. Also, please have your friend contact us at 1-800-818-RETT. We have many new materials that would be available to help support her. We also have materials, like the Rett Syndrome Handbook, which are helpful to families of children with other neurological disorders. Our annual conference is in May, in Atlanta, where about 200 families from across the states will gather with leading doctors, researchers and other professionals. I hope you will encourage this new mom to attend. It will make a meaningful difference. We are here to help. Good luck.

Kathryn Kissam
Chairman, International Rett Syndrome Association
Care Today, Cure Tomorrow

LAA and Family said...

Thank you thank you Kathryn!!I'll get in touch with the Mom today and I'll take a look on the website! Thanks again!