Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Top 50 Blogs About Autism

Rachael, a pediatric nurse who has a blog entitled "Pediatric Nurse Practioner Blog", has posted a list of top autism blogs. They are in three categories: Research, News, and Info.; Living with Autism; and Support (for those who work with children with autism).

I'm honored that Rachael included my blog in the "living with autism" category! Although my blog has been quite neglected this year (as I have been extraordinarily consumed with gradually entering my son back into public education while continuing to educate his 3 siblings at home) I tried to write it in a way that those who live with autism could appreciate it at any point in time.

Check out the list! Thanks again Rachael!

7 comments:

The Glasers said...

Congratulations!!! Way to go!

LAA and Family said...

Thanks Tammy! (I e-mailed her and pointed out your blog.. which should absolutely be in any list of top autism blogs!)

farmwifetwo said...

How are things going??

Our move to special ed has gone better than I ever expected. His teacher and EA's have been excellent. We lose one EA, and gain another in Jan... but I don't expect things to change b/c I know the Teacher won't tolerate it.

LAA and Family said...

Hi S! Thanks for your messages, sorry I haven't gotten back to you...

That's terrific that things are going well for you all in school.

Things are going well here too.. still adjusting to the new and frequently changing schedules! I will post more soon. For the first time ever I am officially on a 2 week break from homeschooling! Darn it, I am determined to have fun with the kids making cookies, decorating and doing arts and crafts this Christmas!

farmwifetwo said...

We're slumming.... we're tired. The 9yr old thinks 1:30am is a good wake up time - thank goodness for melatonin.

The 11yr old's mouth is in fine form.

Sending Dh to town to finish up and I'm taking the boys outside to run. There's a 12ft drop off the back yard to the field... perfect kiddie sledding hill. Also, it's warmed up enough to turn all that snow we got into packing snow... time for snowmen, forts etc.

Maybe it'll slow them down if they're tired.... yeah, right, I know, wishful dreaming on my part.. sigh :)

vaidyadilemma said...

My child is/was autistic and I happen to be in a country with little or no support for autism. But fortunately, an ENT surgeon diabonsed my son's problem so early I gave my child best possible treatment I could give in whole of Asia. I appreciate your blog in this regard for popularisng the awareness about autism.

Going Bananas said...

congrats!